If it was required that you be told when you were appointed to die, but you had the option of being vague or specific, would you choose:a 20-year span of vagueness (ex. you will die between the ages of 40-60)
- a 5-year span
- the year
- the exact day
"Relax, it's all in fun."
"I can think of a lot more fun things to do!"
"Well, you still have time to do them after you answer the question."
And while you are at it, add on why you chose your answer -- because I am a curious creature. (and then maybe I will let you know why I chose this question)
5 comments:
I think I would choose the 20 year range. I know that we are all going to die, but I don't want that day hanging over my head every morning I wake up. Every day is a gift and we should treat it like our last but I don't necessarily want to know it is my last one!
I just don't want to know! Gotta live each day like it's your last so no need to be anxiety-ridden the rest of my days, cuz that's what I'd do!
Ok, I hate this question, because I am greatful thatI really don't know how much time I have, but...if I had to choose, I would choose the exact date. My reasoning is that then I would know how much time I have to get things done. I also liked the way that my Dad was able to see everyone he loved before he died. I would also be able to do everything that I wanted to do before I went.
Ditto what Tana said. Also, if I knew when, I could make sure my house was clean and there was some food for any family and friends that might come to town. I never seem to get everything done, but my friends know if something happens to me to come clean my house before anyone gets here. Okay, I'm rambling, but it's late and I'm cleaning my house and ironing before we leave on vacation tomorrow - just in case anything happens, and so I can come home to a clean house. But Cody is house sitting for us, so what will it be like in 10 days? And I'm leaving a comment so Kim will tell me why she chose this question.
LOL Dene! I always have my house clean before I leave on a trip, too. Doesn't everybody? I like the idea of having meals in the freezer in the event of my passing -- that's the organized, independent person in me coming out.
Because I still have some tendencies toward procrastination, however, I would be better off picking the exact date. I would get SO much done!!! We should live each day fully, but realistically, I don't.
I'm going to go with the 5-year span and hope I would act as if it was only 1 year and stay on my toes. I don't want to keep thinking "this might, or will be, the last time I do ... " I like surpises, sometimes.
I have a Grandma day today, so I will leave a separate post soon on why I submitted this question.
Post a Comment