
So where have you been and whatcha been doin' for the last 30 years? This blog idea is the result of my trip back to Glasgow's all-class High School reunion this past July -- celebrating 100 years of the first graduating class. It is the first, and probably the last, one I went to.
The Pluses: The fireworks were fantabulous, and the street dance was such a great idea. Why didn't they have them when we were hanging around there? The Glasgow Ward now has their very own real chapel, and it is gorgeous. (A big thank you to Dale for providing some greenery and floral arrangement for the dedication.)
The Minuses: Somebody fell flat head first in planning the parade. If you weren't standing there expecting something wonderful, you would think it was an antique car show, sponsored by politicians. Three floats, no clowns, no music . . . no marching Scottie band. A couple of horses. Over in about 15 minutes -- o.k. maybe 18 minutes.
But the biggest minus was -- you weren't there! Dale came up from AZ, and I came with my sisters. Now true I still have my mother living there or I probably wouldn't have made the trip from LV either. So, I decided to orchestrate a roundup of all you fun people and plan a gathering in the future. Until then feel free to reconnect through our blog with your posts and comments. Enjoy the music, too!
Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.
No comments:
Post a Comment