Always surrounded by girls!
The Smothers Brothers? 
Enjoy your hair while you have it :)
George was fun, funny, leader of men, friend to all, popular without sacrificing integrity, and true to the faith. He would always start some original saying “darn rights”. . . “flip” and then when everyone had absorbed it into their vocabulary, he would come up with a new one. Who else would have such a healthy dose of self esteem in order to drive that Cornbinder around without flinching! George's family had a HUGE vegetable garden -- I'm talking acres -- that we would sometimes go out and help with. Those bean rows were torturous!
His best friend and sidekick was Greg Ames. They seemed like brothers to me, like Joseph and Hyrum . . . a dynamic duo. I feel very fortunate to have spent some good times with them.

3 comments:
So many memories, so little space. George is the one guy that I loved just like a brother. He also gave me a hard time like a little brother would. Sister Rahlf and I had many conversations and laughs about George. I can't imagine growing up without him in my life. It was better because of him. Happy Birthday Man.
O.K. men -- which of you, along with your accomplice, put me in a school hall trashcan after Seminary and before school began? I was holding my books and in getting out I fell and punctured my hand with a pencil--had to go to the doctor. Still have the scar to prove it ...
I remember just when that happened. The lead was sticking out of your hand. You were so tough, you didn't even shed a tear.
Post a Comment