Thursday, July 30, 2009

Did you know . . .

. . . that I share a birthday with Hilary Swank, Vivica Fox, Lisa Kudrow, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Henry Ford, Emily Bronte, and that Delta Burke was born in my same year? And did you also know that on July 30, 1956, the phrase "In God we trust" was adopted as the United States National motto? Now you do.


My mother picked the name Kim -- a little name for a little girl.

Practicing for the Runway . . . I'm standing on what is now our living room addition.

Would you believe we wore turtlenecks for Senior pictures? I wasn't the only one. I did feel honored to have my picture displayed in the front showcase with George and my friend Paula.

My Glam days when I was a color and image consultant. Sounds like a fancy title, huh? You would be surprised at how many people are clueless about what colors look good on them. Or maybe don't even care. Do you love my lips?

2005 -- We hope to get a family picture taken this fall if our 5 little munchkins cooperate. It will take one photographer and at least two assistants to manage that.

Thanks for sharing the love, today!

5 comments:

Emily said...

You may be a little girl but you have a big heart! I love your little high heals you were wearing while you were standing in your "living room"--so cute.

I happen to share my birthday with...Hitler. Yeah! Not really something to brag about.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful baby, beautiful young woman, beautiful grown woman. I saw you walking down the street when you were in high school, looking fine in your long hair and bright yellow jacket. I went over to Markles where Mom worked and said, "It isn't fair that you made Kim so cute and me so plain." Her response was, "Well I did the same thing to get both of you". (no sympathy there.)You still look great kid.

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing that Tana. That's Mom for ya. I remember once when I was in grade school going outside to where she was watering flowers and saying, "Tana's being a Ratfink." (remember that character from the MAD magazine?) Anyway she said, "Well, she might not be the only one." WHAT? She didn't side with me?

What did I do? I packed my suitcase and ran away from home (o.k. I walked up to the park. And no there wasn't anything in my suitcase.) This was in the later afternoon, and I stayed away until it was dark. No one came looking for me, so I walked back home. I came in through the living room door and stayed there for awhile. NO ONE EVEN MISSED ME!!! Gee Willikers.

Dene said...

I can just see your mom responding in that fashion. Did she ever raise her voice? She set such an example of a Godly woman and wonderful mother. I loved coming over the dike to your house.

Anonymous said...

Actually Mom did ask where you were, and I said that you went up to the dike with your suit case. I guess she knew you would come home eventually. I am sure if you had not come home by dark there would have been a search party!...
I didn't dare run away from home when my feeings were hurt, so I would hide and ssee if anybody would notice. I remeber one time Mom asked where I was, and Monte said "she is probably off hiding somewhere," Nobody raised a fuss over me either. Not like kids today. We have to kniow where they are at all times.