Monday Musings -- I know . . . I know. Monday was yesterday. I'm a day late and a dollar short because I have been babysitting a little more than usual. This post is a little lackluster from the usual. The usual what? My doses of intellectual stimulation, profound ponderings and enlightenment? I'm still curious, though . . . In casual writing convos, which of the following are most accepted and understood?Yay or Yeah: meaning WooHoo!
Ya, Yea, or Yeah: meaning I agree
LOL or lol: meaning laugh out loud or lots of love? A friend of mine sent me an email and at the end she wrote lol, but she hadn't said anything funny--or I didn't get her humor.
Quite often I sign my emails with TTYL. Until recently I thought everyone knew what that meant. My college roommate and I would have a couple of secret good-bye sayings . . . TTFH (tah tah fat head) or BBDB (bye-bye duck butt). We didn't single anyone out with them -- we just liked how the letters rolled off the tongue.
Are there any other abbreviations out there, besides ROFL, that until recently I did not know the interpretation thereof. Getting the LOL one mixed up could present a sticky situation. There might be a lot of offended people out there without the insertion of emoticons or smileys in emails when there is no body language to fill in between the lines. Cute little guys! Click HERE for some other little peeps I LOVE!! In fact I say it every time I see them.
I think I prefer the Eastern examples -- you don't have to lay sideways to read them. What are these?
- (o.O)
- d(^_^)b
- \(^-^)/
- (*^^*)
- (^_~)
A random thought: I know that XOXO stands for hugs and kisses, but why? Why not H&K? O.K. I know your mind has become really discombobulated by now with all this essential information, but I was just wondering.
3 comments:
Hee he! so fun. Just love this musing. I still have no idea what half of the text speech is!
I can't keep up with it all. I thought TTFN was "Ta Ta for now."
T T F H--Tah Tah FatHead
Here are the answers to the symbols:
1. shocked, disturbed (raised eyebrow)
2. thumbs up (not ears)
3. cheers -- hurrah
4. shyness
5. winking
In a book I just read they used "yeah" several times to mean I agree.
Kaymee knows the answer to the XOXO, but I forgot it.
Now you can all get some sleep now that some of life's great questions have been answered at no extra charge.
Post a Comment