No . . . I didn't say "are you regular." That's an entirely different topic, best kept to yourself. Do you frequent the same places regularly, or are you a creature of habit--not to the point of OCD, though.Five days a week I am at the gym at 6:30 a.m. You know you're a regular when the check-in girl waves you through (only happened once).
Every Friday at 6:00 a.m. I am a temple worker. I love the regulars that come during my shift, and you get to know them by name. However, this is one place you won't be waved through without your ID.
Several times a week I get a salad from Wendys because I know I should eat more of them, but don't like fixing them. "Debby" is always there, and I have started using her name when I say thank you. I complimented her on her voice of sunshine because I thought how tired she must get saying the same thing over and over again. I told her she had the most pleasant voice, perfect for this kind of job. (or one of those phone chat voices for lonely hearts) I know I will be considered a regular when she just says "hi -- I have your order ready and waiting."
I saw our mail carrier (the politically correct term for mailman) at the grocery store and he said, "good morning, Mrs. Baldwin". How cool is that he remembered my name? But I do leave some little goody for him at Christmas time.
You know you're a regular at the grocery store when at the checkout they say, "I'll see you tomorrow."
When or where is it not a good idea to be a "regular."
4 comments:
I'm a regular at 'Golden Spoon'. I go there every week to buy a quart of Peanut Butter Cup frozen yogurt. It has been the one thing that keeps me eating well all day. I know i'll have a bowl full of heaven at the end of the day to reward my healthy eating.
I also recently became a regular at Palo Verde High School's pool. I joined the Las Vegas Swim Master's swim team. I have yet to become a 'Swim Master' but so far I faithfully show up every morning from 5:30 to 7am.
P.S. You are soooooo funny with your salads!! I dislike making salads too. I'm the only one in my home that will eat them and it is too much work to make a salad that only i'll enjoy. Maybe I should join you every other day at Wendy's.
You really are getting in shape for your Triathlon (sp?) Trust me, it takes more than just showing up to be a Master swimmer. You're incredible.
Also, Emily, YOU have the perfect voice for taking orders at Wendy's -- you know if you ever want to break back into the career world. Think about it, o.k.?
LOL!! That is awesome!! Well, I will keep that occupation in mind. I've always wondered what I'm going to do with my time when my children get older--I've never considered fast food. Wendy's, here I come!! :)
Post a Comment