You reap what you sow . . .
. . . and eat what you catch
We have planted a garden wherever we have lived, no matter the size. The Prophet said to -- just sing the Primary song. I think we do it out of obedience and for practice for when we really need to have something extra.
In the past years our crops out on the north 40, have been very small, but tasty. Our Mother Earth here in Las Vegas takes a bit more nurturing and coaxing. This summer, however, our harvest was bountiful (we're about done now). We have peach, nectarine, plum trees and strawberries. The pear tree -- never have seen any partridges sitting in it -- won't be ready until September, and the pomegranate tree is always an overachiever, sometimes twice a year. Can't figure that one out. We had some tomatoes, but our squashes are not living up to their potential. But, it's all good.
1 comment:
Kim, check out my Gofita's Pages blog...I have an award for you! I want to plant a garden someday when I actually have a yard!
Post a Comment