I had a two-week break from my usual Friday morning schedule, so we headed for cooler country in Cedar City.
We have attended the the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar several times and have never been disappointed. However, I do prefer the non-Shakespeare plays because unless you are well versed in his lingo or the plot, they can be difficult to understand. We just picked a play that was still available -- Foxfire. I would have tried As You Like It, but only bench seats were available. I'm going to get some girls together and go back in October for The Woman in Black -- a thrilling mystery of haunted houses, supernatural happenings, foggy and stormy nights, and a mysterious, ghostly woman. As much as Clayton is accomodating to my thespian interest, once every couple years is enough. And lest I forget, October is Huntin' Season!
Friday we went to Panguitch Lake to read -- I mean to fish. In the evening we went to The Ninja, a Japanese restaurant and then to a viewing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Cate, of course, hasn't read any of the books, but enjoyed the movie. Because it has been a while since reading the book, I liked the movie as well. It's hard to include everything in these movies, but the special effects are great, and what you don't know is missing, won't hurt you. I do miss the humorous content of the first books before they became darker and more intense.
On our way home we took the scenic route through Zions National Park. I am sitting on the rock in the middle. Can you see by my expression that I am a little tired of being in all the pictures?We enjoyed great weather while in southern Utah, and when we returned to Las Vegas, it was overcast. Yay!! No shock of heat.
6 comments:
looks like a fun trip!!! btw, the boys were very worried about you when you didn't return Thurs. night from dinner and a movie. I even got a call at 4:30am from Rocky :)
Wow!! What a fun time! I will have to check out that B&B--it looks so wonderful.
Looks like you had an amazing time! I've never been to the Shakespearean Festival and have always wanted to. never been to a B&B either. Both on my to do list! Excellent pics as well! Thanks for sharing your fun time! So jealous...
Wow, what a nice weekend getaway. I'm jealous, too. Never been to a B&B or Shakespearean Festival. Also, my co-worker was supposed to direct The Woman in Black last year at a community theatre, but things fell through. Because I didn't get to see his production, maybe I should see it in October with you:)
Hmmm...I would say sneaked is probably used in more formal settings and snuck in less formal. But they're both used, so that's that and that's our beautiful language being dynamic! i'll have to get back with you on lay, lie, etc! Those have always confused me too.
All and any friends are welcome to join us for a girls get-away!
Post a Comment