Thursday, July 2, 2009

Did you know . . .

. . . that today is Halfway Point of the Year? Noon on July 2 marks the halfway point of the year, where 182.5 days of the year have passed and 182.5 days remain in the year. Celebrate the day by working only half the day. Or wash only half the dishes. Or -- my favorite -- eat half a chocolate cake. You get the idea!

Remember as a child when summer vacation lasted longer than 3 months? And Christmas Eve was an eternity. Why does time seem to speed up when we get older? A year only seems like 6 months anymore. Or maybe I'm forgetting the other half. How do you divide up your calendar year? By holidays, vacations, paydays?

Only 150 more shopping days until Christmas. (I subtracted Sundays. You know why.)

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

I'll have to think of something to halve today??? Hmmm...

Dene said...

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I thought about cleaning half of the house, but couldn't decide which half. So then I went to the beach with my daughter and only tanned (burned) half of myself.