Hey, everybody, it's Kim's 35th birthday. Okay, maybe I'm dyslexic, but really, she doesn't look a day over 35. I don't have any cute pictures to put up with this post, but wanted to give a shout out to the Queen Bee. Here is a series of promises that speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces (because I don't know how to do all that) - but this is just the stone cold truth about our great renewed friendship.
My Oath of Friendship:
1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!!!
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of here.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick -- stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up and dust you off - after I laugh my butt off!!
9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask - because you are my FRIEND!
Friendship is like wetting your pants,
Everyone can see it,
But only you can feel the true warmth.
Happy Birthday, Kim. And again, thanks for all you do for all of us. You really do brighten my day.
5 comments:
Well said Dene, can sisters take this pledge too? Kim, Happy Birthday! I wish you all the joy and blessings life can bring! I love you and hope you have a great day and year. Love Tana
Happy Birthday!!!! I hope your day has been truly wonderful!
Hertzliche Gluckwunsch zum begurtztag!! Which means Happy Birthday in German!! 53 is not so bad!! George
Hey Kim :) Happy Birthday today!!
WoW, how fun Dene! I loved all those "oaths". Thank you all for thinking of me. We went to diinner at Buca di Beppa (Italian) with just the big kids tonight. Nice.
It's been a real treat to reconnect this past year--you've added some "sunshine to my heart". I just might break out into a song ... I hope we will all get together in WA next summer? lol--that means lots of love.
And thanks George for showing up to the blog today--I feel privileged. Tana, are you back from Britain? Looking forward to a recap.
(BTW--I picked this blog background because it reminded me of my dad's red barn.)
Post a Comment