. . . that today is the birthday of Margarine? Margarine was first patented by Hippolyte Mege Mouries in 1869 in France. The first margarine formula was orginially comprised of finely minced beef suet which was heated with water. Chopped sheep's stomach was added as was potassium carbonate. The remaining fat was then bleached with acid, digested with bicarbonate of soda and sliced udders, then churned with milk, water, and coloring agent. Yum . . . Not!
Margarine or Butter. Does the debate even still go on? I knew there was a reason I gave up margarine years ago. There is no way I will waste a perfectly splendid roll or piece of bread, or anything else for that matter, by smearing margarine on it. That's just a sin -- should have been included with the original Ten.
Celebrate today by settling in to a movie with a nice phat bowl of Orville Redenbacher popcorn loaded with butter. Go on . . . you know you wanna!
4 comments:
ya and you won't gain any weight from that!!!
Didn't you know ... cooking burns away all the calories. Eat the microwave popcorn instead of adding the butter after. Same applies to cookies. Eating 1 spoonful of dough is more hazardous than 2-3-4 cookies out of the oven. Gospel truth -- according to Kim.
Mayo or Miracle Whip? Is that even open for debate?
I did the unthinkable this morning and heated up our kitchen making cookies. Two good things, though:
1. I didn't eat any cookie dough or lick the beaters. I was giving some to a lady I VT, so I had one right out of the oven--you know to make sure they were good. Then another one to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke. And then another one that was bigger to make sure it was cooked all the way through. You get the idea -- nothing new to you.
2. My VTing is done this month--early. WooHoo.
Post a Comment