This is a Monday Amusing, featuring some recent convos with Cody, just turned Three.
"I always squirt my mom every day with water and she gets mad. That's a bummer."
"Sorry for jackin' your Dr. Pepper, Dad."
"Grandma, I don't want you to leave. You're part of our family!"
Once when Cody was talking, he started by saying, "True story . . ." Then I couldn't follow him because he was talking fast and doesn't pronounce his hard G's and K's -- which BTW are found in alot of words.
Cody and Jenna are supposed to take afternoon naps if they want to play outside with the neighborhood kids after dinner. Jenna (almost 5) can still take one. Cody will stay in his room for a good hour for a rest time, but doesn't fall asleep. So when I was babysitting on one such occasion when Kaymee got home, here is how it played out:
"Did you take a nap, Cody?"
"No"
"Well, then, you know you can't play out with the kids tonight, right?"
"I know . . . I'm going to figure something out."
Yesterday at church Cody was trying to feed Kaymee some crackers:
"Cody, don't, I'm fasting."
"What is fasting?"
"When you don't eat food"
Five minutes later . . . "I'm fasting vegetables."
My Favorite: The Cottrells had a lot of family in town for Matthew's blessing. Cody asked his Dad if he could have a Dr. Pepper. "No." He asked his mom, "No." His uncle watches him go out to the fridge/freezer in the garage and come back with a Dr. Pepper in his hands. Uncle says, "Cody, I thought your mom and dad said you couldn't have a soda."
Cody puts his fingers up to motion his Uncle to come closer,
"Come here."
"This is between you and me." And then he trots off to play.
5 comments:
LOL!!! to cute!!So fun at this age!! The I'm fasting vegetables is my favorite!
Andrea
What a funny guy! And a smartie pants too. It must be so fun having him in your family.
You can't help but love this kid. He can come to Florida and hang with my Cody anytime. What a pair they would make. It's true, "Codys say (and do) the darndest things."
Kim Cody is brilliant! You will have to make a book of his sayings, they are wonderful!
We do enjoy Cody! He's a chip off the old block. Also a unique personality blend of spunk and sensitivity. Here is an interesting reaction he has. He really is sad when Jenna crys and he doesn't want her to and wants her to stop (and not because he did something). In his frustration in not knowing how to get her to quit crying--what does he do? Gives her a kick. Or is that a love tap? LOL Usually, tho, he is always giving XXX and OOO.
Post a Comment