Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sticky Buns


Here is a so-easy breakfast yum yum Kaymee has been making lately at all our dinner gatherings. Put the rolls in frozen and wait 8 hours while you sleep! Or during the day for a dinner dessert. Eat them hot right out of the oven and they will magically disappear. You're not surprised I love this, right?

Frozen bread rolls -- 24 count
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 pkg of non-instant butterscotch pudding mix

Spray bundt pan with non-stick spray. Place frozen rolls around the pan.
Melt butter and add to it the brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pour over the top of the rolls.
Sprinkle the 1/2 pkg of butterscotch pudding mix over the rolls.

Let rise overnight (for breakfast) -- 8 hours is really all the time you need.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, depending on your oven. Kaymee and I baked them for 21 minutes. Invert on to a plate immediately after taking out of the oven.

In case you need a speed rise method: put rolls in the oven . . . turn oven on to 35o . . . set the timer for one minute . . . turn off oven, leaving the rolls in the oven to rise. Probably will take a couple hours to raise.

8 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds AWESOME!!! I'm going to make them for this Sunday! So easy yet sooooooooo delightful. This recipe is a keeper!

Kaymee said...

i want some right now!

Dene said...

Guess what we're having this weekend!!!! Can't wait. Really would like to just hang out at Kaymee's and let her feed me while I listen to Cody.

Kim said...

Dene, What time should I be there ... Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Swampy said...

My buns were sticky once...when I sat on a log that was oozing sap.

Dene said...

My buns are rising right now. And the bread looks pretty good, too. Kim, come on by about 7:00 tomorrow. Love to see you.

Kim said...

LOL -- you TWO!!

Oh shoot, I think tomorrow night I am going to see the movie Julie and Julia -- more food! Dene, I was going to make a recipe from that cookbook you gave me, but I ate the raspberries.

Unknown said...

I wrote this one down! A surprise for the next occassion I am asked to bring a dessert to. Thanks....Looks sooo good!