To accept the Monday Musing challenge, leave a separate post.Share 3-5 high moments in your life . . . funny moments -- I can't believe I did that moments -- I told you so moments -- or the times we asked the ground to open up and swallow us moments.
Most embarrassing: Eighth grade – junior high in the old high school over by the church. I was crossing the parking lot at lunch time. As I stepped over the steel cable hanging between the posts, someone on the other end stepped down on it and sent me sprawling FLAT. If that wasn’t bad enough I was in a dress, now with a humongous hole and run in my nylons. Had to go the rest of the day like that. You might be thinking, “Why didn’t you just take your nylons off?” White legs were worse, I guess.
Crazy: Who else was in Dave’s VW when we were driving down the railroad tracks?
Life-changing: I accepted the invitation of one of my teachers to be in Glasgow’s Junior Miss Pageant -- complete with a dance routine, evening gown, and talent. The proud look on my parent’s face was priceless.
Most memorable: Many of my warmest memories are centered around dancing. Love it. I told my hubby if he only knew what dancing did for a woman, he would jump at every chance.This picture: getting ready for my BYU Academy Awards night. Bought the dress from DI and also wore a fur stole. The cheesy smile was free.
Waiting to exhale: A huge day for me was the high school graduation of my youngest son. I had been holding my breath for 2+ years and finally got to see this smile that he usually reserved for his friends."When I was younger I could remember anything -- whether it happened it or not." Mark Twain
Next week's challenge: What do you like about your car/truck? Do you have a personalized license plate? If you don't, what would it say if you had one?
1 comment:
How can you not feel good when you're dancing? You, Ruth, Jacki and Tybee must have really cut a rug in your apartment at Ricks.
Post a Comment