Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blonde and Beautiful

Kim and Tracy . . . April 2009
I asked Tracy to fill us in on the road she has been traveling since we saw her last. For me it was October of 1976 when we were at BYU. I enjoyed her friendship so much . . . she was like a sister to me -- always so kind, happy, and funny! Happy Birthday, Tracy!
Kim and Tracy . . . Summer of 1972

After graduating from high school in southern AZ, I went straight to BYU for spring semester and stayed for a year. It was the best time of my life being around so many LDS kids and being on my own. Dale invited me to come and live with him and his new little family in Phoenix, where jobs and young adult programs were more plentiful. Six months later, in the Mesa AZ temple, I married a recently returned missionary in their ward. Now almost 31 years later -- six children, two grandchildren -- we have been in the Salt Lake valley for 16 years and love it. I never thought in a million years I would end up here! For the last nine years I have been working in my husband's medical office having some pretty interesting experiences.

We have four grown children -- 3 married and one that needs to get married!! -- and two at home, a mission-bound son and a daughter anxious to start driving. My favorite times are when my children and their spouses are all together as a family and we laugh and have a good time. My other loves? . . . yard work, flowers, and the beauties of the four seasons. I have been involved in Primary, Young Women, and RS presidencies and had fun times with 11 scouts running into my home weekly after school. I am currently the Achievement Days leader with the adorable 11-12 yr old girls.

I am so grateful for my memories of Montana. I have reflected on those days so many times through the years. It's amazing how a person can become so close to other people in such a short amount of time and to have the memories that I think most of us in the group have for each other.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

This photo was taken at girls camp summer of 1972. Kim and I look like were havin' a good time but we were supposed to be learning first aid!! Those were such fun times, not a care in the world, ah......

Short Stories by Ruth said...

Is that me in the background? Crud I don't even remember what I looked like back then.

Kim said...

Ruth, you are so funny! No that is not you! I am still laughing...I try not to remember what I looked like back then--had a really long awkward, homely stage(sure could have used some help--thank goodness for mascara.) There are other camp pictures I will post at another time.

Kim said...

I added this picture to Tracy's birthday post so we could have a "then and now". When we started taking pictues, Tracy suggested we re-create a former pose. I said, "well, I'm not putting a rag on my head!"

Dene said...

You both look GREAT!!! Only difference I can see is the "rag" on the head in one picture and not in the other. Which one is then and which is now?!