1 Bar Chocolate - Almond Bark
1 Can Peanuts
4 Cups Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch
Melt chocolate in microwave. Combine peanuts and Cap'n Crunch in large pot. Mix melted chocolate with peanut and cereal mixture. Spoon onto pan or aluminum foil.
(Note: I always mix it in a large pot I can put on the stove top in case the chocolate starts to set up too soon.)
When my daughter was in high school she volunteered to bring food to class that had something to do with her heritage. My kids have always thought of Montana as another country, and are proud that their ancestors are from Big Sky Country. She thought we still had some deer salami from one of Barry's hunting trips and that's what she wanted to share - but it was all gone. Not wanting to go to school empty handed, we decided to make Chocolate Crunch and call it "Elk Droppings." Now this is my contribution to send on all hunting trips or pot luck gatherings and everyone calls it ELK DROPPINGS.
2 comments:
Dene I added a picture--Over the last few years, Clayton has been on some guided elk/deer hunts. (It's some male bonding ritual.) He is allowed only one wall mount at a time in our living room. At first I thought "Charles" could go up in our computer room--I didn't realize how much bigger elks are than deer! He shot one larger than this, but it hangs in my son's living room. Cate would like to try a moose hunt--no bears, though.
Love it! My girls at school have been asking for this recipe. I guess I will have to cave and give it to them now. Thanks a lot.
Post a Comment