Wednesday, January 21, 2009

B F F

Best Friends Forever . . .

George -- There just could not be a better best friend than my high school buddy, Greg. He made me a better person than I would have been without his friendship. Greg fit quickly into my family and also fit in at church with my church friends. We worked together on the ranch, we played sports together, we double dated together, we were ferocious when we played against each other, and even more intense when we played on the same team. He was the best man at my wedding. I was privileged to write him and encourage him while on my mission, and then to return and be at his baptism. I’m not sure I could have been blessed with a better friend than Greg. Time, family, work and distance have taken there rightful place on how often we speak and see each other … but the friendship remains. Happy Birthday Greg!

"I've been working on the railroad . . . all the live long day."

Greg and Kim steppin' out together

Susan -- Life is good. We live on 25 acres, and Greg gets to do what George always hated…FARM. He raises the best horse hay in the Helena valley and enjoys doing that, along with his other full time job…he’s the Administrator over the Ag Sciences Division at the Montana Dept of Agriculture. In his spare time, he likes to hunt, fish, ski…most anything outside. He’s still tough to keep up with – even for his kids!

We have four great kids….Lance (23), David (21), Ashley (18), and Nicole (8). Lance is married, graduating from BYU in April, becoming a father in April, and going to grad school in July for a health care administration masters. He served a mission in Argentina . David is a sophomore at BYU and interested in being a school administrator/coach and served a mission in southern California. Ashley is a Freshman volleyball player for Northern Arizona University . She red-shirted this year and looks forward to being let out of the chute next year! She has a little habit of running into George Rahlf in airports, and he takes good care of her for us! Nicole is a second grader and our little pleasant surprise in life. She’s such a blessing, and we’re so thankful for her. She keeps us young!!

Greg and I have been married for 27-1/2 wonderful years now. He is truly a wonderful husband, father, son-in-law, friend – you name it – he’s the best. I feel so blessed to be his wife and admire the really good person he genuinely is. His kids adore him too and appreciate all he does for them. We sure wouldn’t trade him for the world.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Greg, you look absolutely amazing ... good livin' looks good on you!! Happy birthday!

Dene said...

Have a great birthday. I have such fond memories of working with you and George at Rahlf's Gardens. You have obviously become the wonderful man we always knew you would be.

Short Stories by Ruth said...

Hey Greg Happy Birthday!!! Don't even know if you remember me but I remember you and bad a crush Eva (Grayson)Aune had on you!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I am not that man my wife and friends describe, but it's nice to know you're all still so gullible! :)
George, I too have great memories of our high school years and will always consider you my best friend. You and this blog clan and your family are responsible for my conversion to the Gospel and I'll forever be grateful. Let me know the next time you get to Montana - we could reminisce,load some hay or do some irrigating just like old times.