Thursday, December 10, 2009

Visions of Sugar Plums

Christmas Tradition #2 . . .
Cody ~~ "This is a party!"
Jenna ~~
"Grandma, let's rock this car up!"
Cody ~~
"Rock and roll, baby!"
All ~~ "Starbucks -- Cha ching!" (what?)

Our car was very lively as we were driving with our grandkids, Jenna (5), Cody and Antigone (3) across town to Sunset park to drive through their Christmas light decorations. This is our second annual holiday sleepover under the tree with the kiddies. They love to spend time together and were so excited. I asked Jenna a few days before if there was something she would like to do with Grandpa and me. She repeated everything we did and everything we ate last year and wanted to do it again. Such an amazing little girl with an iron-clad memory. On our way back home we stopped at an airport runway parking lot to watch the planes land and take off. Cody loved that and didn't want to leave.

Grandpa set up the fire pit to toast marshmallows -- Jenna likes them black, Antigone likes them white, and Cody thinks they are "dross" and prefers them straight out of the bag. We watched the Disney movie "Up" with popcorn and chocolate milk, or "chockie" as Cody calls it. Antigone is the only one who likes it hot. Jenna was ready for sleep by 10:30, the other two fell right to sleep by 11:00. I took a sleeping pill and hit the hay, too. (Don't worry . . . I can still wake up.)

Jenna with her American Doll dressed in her pajamas and slippers, too.

Antigone with a small sampling of her ponies.


Cody and Grandpa . . . Ahem, notice where Cody's hand is. No, Cate didn't sleep down there with them like I did last year.

Breakfast for little ones is a la carte: Cody--scrambled eggs w/ketchup, Jenna--eggs and blueberry muffin, Antigone--Cheerios. Grandpa played "Dut, dut, doose" (duck, duck, goose) with them outside. Funny, how they think you can play that game with only 2 people, so four is even better.

We were thinking our ward's Breakfast with Santa was this same weekend, but it is this Saturday, so I had the kids make frosted sugar cone trees for their candy cane houses on Sunday. Cody and Antigone mostly just ate the frosting, but Jenna loves to be artistic.

As if they weren't sweet enough!

They played for a little bit, and then I read some Christmas books before we took them home with their Christmas bag containing a Christmas book, ornaments, and a decoration.

Devin, Morgan, Antigone, and Alex

Kaymee, Brian, Jenna (sweet), Cody (goofy), and Matthew (with his typical glazed-over camera look)

How lucky are we to have all our family living here in Las Vegas? -- VERY!

4 comments:

Kaymee said...

Starbucks-Cha Ching is from our Ducks tour in Seattle!!! Thanks for the fun weekend!!! We are lucky to have such involved gramma and papa!

Baldwin Fam said...

Tigi just loves these fun weekends! Thanks for doing this for them. :)

Dene said...

I think I might like to sleep under your Christmas tree sometime - or wait, maybe I did that with you and Tana about...well a long time ago. Love seeing how the kids are growing. Such great memories to build on.

Swampy said...

I thought those kiddos were fishing with marshmallows at first glance.
Wonder what kind of fish like marshmallows.
Cute. Cute. Pics.