It is fall 1972 and I'm a Freshman at Ricks College. Do you see me under the sign?
Why did I think this would make a cute picture? Look how my hair blows in the wind. Did I tell you that Christy Brinkley and I were born the same year? This is kind of my model look. Okay, I give you permission to laugh. I had some green jeans just like these red ones. Thought they were pretty neat because they weren't "blue jeans." That's my idea of pushing the envelope.
Here I am at a formal dance at Ricks. My date was a young man from Billings, just a good friend that was part of our college branch.
This is one of my roommates, Annette, and her boyfriend Marshal.
This is another roommate, Donna, and her boyfriend, but I can't remember his name.It is important that you remember these pictures for the posts that are coming up. You may want to or have to refer back to them.
Now you ask, what does this have to do with "My Freshman 10?" Well, let me tell you, I had 10 roommates my freshman year at Ricks. I went there not knowing anyone, other than Jerry Morrison, and of course we couldn't be roommates. Tana suggested the apartment complex because she had lived there the year before. I moved in with 5 girls - 3 from Idaho, one from Nevada and one from Utah. The second semester 2 of my roommates were not returning and our upstairs neighbors lost one roommate. They asked if I wanted to move in with them and so I moved upstairs. Thus, I had 5 new roommates the second semester, 3 from Idaho and 2 from California. That's my freshman 10. Terry, Trenna, Lorraine, Randy, Lynn, Donna, Diane, Annette, Berta and Cheryl.
If nothing else, I can count - to 10 at least.
1 comment:
I loved Ricks College! I haven't been back there since I graduated.
No, I didn't see you under the sign. And no one needed a wind blowing machine--it was windy or breezy every day there.
Annette and Marshal were sure pimpin' it. Dene, I'm only 2 years younger than you, but I don't remember any of my roommates wearing their hair up like her.
Your Freshman 10 is much better than the other kind.
Post a Comment