Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Treasures

Do you have a Christmas treasure that you bring out every year or you hang on to for sentimental reasons? It could be a Christmas decoration or a gift from someone.

These two ornaments are from my childhood. The blue one I made in one of my Brownie troops. The glitter is pretty worn off, but I would always put it on the tree right in front where everyone could see it -- still do. No, not really. Well, o.k., yes really.

The eskimo is the only remaining survivor from a set of ornaments I had on my own little tree in my bedroom. Actually the back is pretty much broken away, but I still keep it. I dunno. Sweet, warm, cozy memories.


This is the Christmas of '72. I'm posting it to show how my mother always decorated our tree to match our living room colors. Not so sure what that brown striped something-or-other is doing there because it certainly doesn't go at all. At this time the blues and greens were popular. Can you see my little blue ball? No? That's because it is in the front center of the tree, remember?

No comments: