Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Flag Day


June 14 is Flag Day. It is also Barry's and my anniversary, 29 years and going strong. We just got back from an Alaskan Cruise. We had talked about doing that for our 25th anniversary, but I'm glad we waited. There were about 79 Baptists and me. Our group included 3 other couples that are good friends of ours and we enjoyed spending time together - especially at dinner time. The food was great. Also stopped by Seattle on our way and spent a night with my niece Naomi and her husband Ted.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congratulations Dene, to you both! What a great cruise, too. Did you go on any excursions?

Cate earned this cruise through work back in 1990. I never saw any whales :( but the scenery was gorgeous. The calving of the icebergs was also amazing to listen to. It was on this trip that I decided I needed more of river rafting. If anyone knows of a good company, let me know. OR if anyone wants to GO on a cruise, call us.

You'll notice I didn't mention anything about the food. Great of course, but I am always more interested in the people surrounding the table.