It's never a good sign when a police helicopter hovers around your home on your quiet little street, for hours into the night, shining their searchlight into your backyard and lighting up your whole bedroom. Soon there are sirens, police cars blocking off the streets, and cops running and shouting. A K-9 Unit pulls up.If you know me by now, I'm curious. I looked out the front door window. Did I open the door? Don't remember.
"Get back in the house, ma'am!" (guess I must have)
A police officer is crouched down on my front porch with his gun drawn.
The rest of the story: A man ran through our neighborhood after robbing a store in a nearby shopping area. His downfall was leaving a money trail and his coat in a neighbor's backyard. The K-9 police dog tracked him down further after the guy hopped a couple of more block walls. What happened to the money strewn about in our front yard? After hush and quiet fell back on our homes, three of our family members -- at different times of the night -- went out to see if any dollars were still there. Nope. Nada. Zip. All cleaned up. Also didn't help that it had been a breezy night.
And that's all she wrote.
2 comments:
Wow! That's quite the adventure! Thanks for letting me know. At least it wasn't mistaken identity...
Wow! There is nothing like an exciting evening to inspire a great blog post. I'm glad nothing bad happened though. Too bad about the money. :(
Post a Comment