I graduated from BYU in 1975 with a BS degree in social work, married and worked at the Utah State hospital for about a year until Scott moved us to Idaho to be a police officer. After seven major moves, five kids, and 18 years later, we found ourselves in divorce court. We all survived a very bad experience.I have three married children -- Mariah, Tarrin, and Jacob who will be graduating along with his wife from Utah State majoring in Business Administration. We've been blessed with three grandchildren -- Ashton, Payson, Parker, and one more on the way. Michael is still single, but looking for a "quality" woman, and my youngest son, Steven, is living with him.
I finally found the love of my life, my soul mate, and my best friend -- Dell. He is a nurse, and I first met him when he came to work at LDS hospital. He was newly separated from his wife. We talked as we charted at the end of our shift, and everything that was said was followed up with "me too!" Because of a large discrepancy between our ages, I didn't think anything would come of it. We have been married for two years, still enjoy each other, and are inseparable. Due to the fact that our temple sealings were not canceled prior to our being married, we had a beautiful Scottish wedding. We had kilts, a bagpiper, Scottish dancers, an arch of steel, and a Scottish chief. Our Scottish heritage is very important to us. We are planning on going to Britain this summer. I will get to see the original Glasgow! I will also get to see the Britain that Dell knew and loved when he was there in the air force for three years.
Dell: When I first met Tana my first impressions were what an attractive woman with a nice smile and bright energetic eyes. She had a kind positive attitude with a willingness to see the best in others. As I have had the great pleasure to get to know her, she has become just that and so much more . . . more secure in who she is, allowing her to play and let go, or be serious and get things done. I'm impressed with her creativity. I tend to see things technically, a sum of their parts. She sees them in color with an ability to put things together in such a way as to bring out the natural beauty. She keeps me challenged, a great place to brainstorm, get ideas from, to talk to and listen. She brings me peace. Her kind quiet support calms my worries and eases my stresses. She is a safe place to fall, and I trust her completely. She is real -- what you see is what you get -- no pretenses or facades. She is a strong example of what she believes in, and the Lord is with her. I love her not only for what she does for me, but for who she is . . . not only the exterior beauty in her smile, but also the depth of beauty in her heart and soul, full of limitless potential. My life has truly been enriched, and I know I am blessed and loved. I love you, Tana.

Thank you everyone for the impact for good you have had on my life. I look back at the time spent with the Glasgow kids, especially my summer and holiday breaks from college, as the best memories of my youth. Last summer it was sad to bid farewell to the old chapel with all its memories. Glasgow is so much more empty now than when we were there as kids, but in my mind are flashes from the past. I will always be proud to be a Glasgow Scotty. When I hear Scotland the Brave played by the bagpipes, tears fill my eyes; and I sing our school song in my mind, "Go Scotties Go". Wherever you are . . . remember who you are and what you represent.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sis! I hope you have a wonderful, warm-hearted day. And WOW!!! you are SO blessed to have the love of an adoring husband -- one who can express it as well. You both deserve all the blessings of your union. Many more. I love you, too!
Happy late birthday, Tana. Thanks for letting me tag along years ago. I always try (or think about) dancing a jig when I hear our school song, too. Hope your birthday was great, because you deserve it and much more.
Post a Comment