Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Cool Car Guy

Dale 1972


Check out those chops

The cool Mustang


Fun in the sand

Tracy: I was known and called "Dales little sister". I don't think anyone really knew what my real name was, and I also think that some girls became my friend just because I WAS his little sister, if ya know what I mean! Dale was a great older brother to me once I stopped tattling on him and Keith every time they "looked" at me! :) Today, Dale is still very adventurous and wants to play and enjoy life with his family when he is not at work. Riding on the back of a wave runner with him is scary enough to not want to do it ever again!! He believes in s p e e d. To me, speed and water don't mix. For those of you who have not seen him in a little while, he looks a little like Kenny Rogers. (that's a compliment Dale:)
I moved from Montana when helping my parents move from the AFB to Sierra Vista, Arizona. I stayed there about 9 months until I moved to Phoenix to go to school. After graduating, I met my wife, Jackie, at a single adult dance. She was dating my best friend. We got married in the Mesa Temple in 1976. I have only seen my best friend once since. Hmmm! You think he might have hard feelings?

We have 5 sons -- Jesse, Jared, Jason, Jacob, and Justin, born in 1995. Jackie wouldn’t let me name him Justin Time Aurich. My poor wife didn’t get a daughter and figured the odds were against her. So, Justin was the last. But we wouldn’t send him back for any girl.

Street legal ATV Talon

I could see that I wasn’t going to be happy working for someone else. So, I set a goal to be self employed by the age of 30. I quickly learned a skill working in precision metal manufacturing-making parts for airplanes, computers, and aerospace. I know! Not a very glamorous career choice, but I enjoyed the daily challenges and creativity. I started my own company a few months after I turned 30 back in 1984. In 1995 I also started an ATV after market performance parts business which is still going strong.


In 2000 we decided to look around at some smaller communities that we may want to finish raising our children. We decided on Prescott, Az and moved here in 2001. It has turned out to be a good choice for our family. My oldest 2 sons are married and work with Jackie and me. Jackie does the accounting side of the businesses. My next 2 sons are single, living in Mesa, Az working and going to school. Jesse, my oldest, has a 4 year old son, Landon, and a 17 month old girl, Layla, plus twins in the oven-a boy and a girl due in August.

I currently serve as the 11-year-old scout leader in my ward. I have served in the scouting program for many years. Three of our sons have earned their Eagles and Justin is working toward his now. Three of our sons have gone on missions. Jared went to the Spanish-speaking Maryland, Baltimore mission -- Jason went to the Ohio, Cleveland mission -- Jacob went to the Brazil, Maceio mission.

And that pretty well brings me up to the present!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! 55? It's just a number. You'll know you're getting old when most of the names in your black book are followed by M.D.

Sounds like you were a great dad for boys! And congrats, Grandpa, on those upcoming twins--how exciting is that!!

Dale, even though you and your family were in Glasgow for such a short time, it was a blessing to us. "Thanks for the memories..." (those are the only words I know to that song). It was a magical time never to be forgotten.

Dale said...

Ya! I guess today I finally hit the speed limit. Even tho I really don't pay much attention to those kind of signs as Tracy will attest. I won't be paying much attention to my age ether. I do want to thank all who lived in Glasgow at the time. What a great bunch of kids. I have very fond memories of that time. Many of which will effect the rest of my life. George in the Corn Binder, Dene in her Blue Galaxy 500, David in his VW Beetle, and Kim in her Dads Red Ford LTD with one head light stuck open. It's kinda funny the things we remember. I wouldn't have missed it for anything. As one would say "the good ole days". It's an honor to call all of you friends. Cheers to all the Glasgow gang.

Dene said...

Happy birthday - to a guy's guy, a ladies man and a really good friend. I was so happy to have you join Jerry, Diane and I as part of the class of '72. There are so many fond memories. . .I can still hear you and George laughing at my sqeak when I would yawn during early morning Seminary. We were all the better for having the Aurich family in our lives. Thank you so much.

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday big brother!! I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dale, this Tana, Happy Birthday! It was so great seeing you this summer and seeing the calm, confident man you have become. You have done well! Heres wishing you many more happy days. Love ya,