Monday, March 16, 2009

Did you know . . .

. . . that today is Lips Appreciation Day? Take time today to buy some lip balm to protect your lips. Or, better yet, kiss your favorite lips today! ;-) Folks, I don't make this stuff up -- someone else does.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein

A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point. That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know. ~Mistinguett

Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they're already asleep. ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children they just about throw up. ~Barbara Bush

But in honor of today, if you like coconut and nuts, I am sharing my lip smacking frosting for german chocolate cake. This is my m.i.l.'s recipe which we have quite often for family birthdays -- which is today. There are a few flavors in this world that I actually sigh over, ok, sometimes moan over and this is one of them.


German Chocolate Frosting

1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla

1 1/3 cup angel flake coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Combine ingredients in saucepan and cook and stir over medium low heat until thickened -- about 12 min. Add coconut and pecans and beat until thick. Spread on a cooled german chocolate cake. (because I don't like to take a long time beating by hand, I put the pan of frosting in the fridge and stir it up now and then until it gets to frosting consistency.)

2 comments:

Dene said...

Did you know that: I love Barbara Bush and German Chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting? German Chocolate cake is also Jay Osmond's favorite cake and he was my favorite Osmond. Okay, enough rambling.

Kim said...

O.K. yesterday afternoon I ate so much of this cake!!! (that's 3 exclamation points for how many pieces I admit to having :) I didn't even eat dinner because of all that. And then when I went to a RS pres. meeting, cake was served for one of the gal's b-days. Of course I didn't want to be rude and decline. YIKES! It's a good thang I have a "thing goin' on" every morning with my close friend "Gym".