Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Did you know . . .

. . . that today is National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day? Enjoy this tasty combination of chocolate and fruit. Chocolate is made from cocoa (a vegetable) and raisins are from grapes (a fruit). And we all know that fruits and vegetables are good for you! Hmmm. I wonder if adding these to my morning oatmeal would get me jump started for the day?

In case you aren't a fan of raisins, but do love chocolate, here is a recipe I tried tonight -- it intrigued me.

The Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake

It's called the most dangerous cake because it only takes 5 minutes to make -- in a mug!

4 Tb flour
4 Tb sugar
2 Tb baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tb milk
3 Tb oil
3 Tb chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla (your guess is as good as mine:)

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again. Put your mug (not your face:) in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. (not sure about that but I just cooked it) The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! This can serve 2 if you want to share -- Hmmm, I'm home alone. Why not serve it a la mode or with some carmel sauce. I mean if you really want to let go. Would be great for any "pity party" you might have coming up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We tried this, pretty good and fast! Thanks for the idea.
Andrea