The Bachelor Finale . . . talk about an awkward moment!

Melissa or Molly . . . Jason can't decide . . . Poor Jason
I know, I know . . . I have just lowered myself in your eyes. I can't get into American Idol -- Dancing with the Stars is o.k. sometimes -- only watched the first season of Survivor (how many years has it been going, now?), but I do like to tune into The Bachelor. I watch the first night to see what kind of girls show up and then the last month of shows to see when they meet the families. (I do get tired of the Host always saying at each rose ceremony, "this is the final rose" -- Duh!)I told my hubman to not let me forget about the finale last night. What was I doing? Watching some Hallmark show. So mad . . . because this one ended out of control.
After 50 roses, weeks of speculation, plenty of spoilers and even a conspiracy theory or two, the most! historic! finale! ever! of ABC's "The Bachelor" ended Monday with 32-year-old Seattle account executive and single dad Jason Mesnick slipping a ring on the finger of 25-year-old Dallas sales rep Melissa Rycroft in New Zealand. Cue the violins and ring up the wedding planners, right? Wrong. You see, that just wouldn't be dramatic (or "historic") enough. So a mere hour later (actually six weeks in real time), during the "After the Final Rose" special, viewers watched as Jason shocked his putative fiancée when he told her that, well, he just wasn't that into her. Instead, he said, he still had feelings for the show's runner-up, Molly Malaney, a 24-year-old department store buyer from Michigan.
"This is something I dreamt of, but never expected to hear. I'm blown away right now," she told Jason. And then they proceeded to make out -- while millions of women across America immediately revised their feelings for the supposedly most likable Bachelor in series history.
3 comments:
We watched The Bachelor this season, too. I don't know if my husband had even seen an episode before, but had to watch it - wanted to see the New Zealand setting (so he says). Jason was a disappointment. Last year he found the girl of his dreams, but she turned him down. This year he had another dream, I guess, and Melissa was in that dream. Then six weeks later he must have had another dream and Molly was in it. I don't think he knows what he wants.
Can't wait for Dancing With the Stars. I'm a HUGE fan, although the Emmitt Smith season was the best ever. I always think, "I can do that," but then when I get up and start to get my groove on, boom, my feet, knees and hips start hurting. Arthritis (anyway that's my excuse).
LOL Dene! I don't know where my groove went -- I rock out with the grandkids -- oh, and recently when I was ironing, listening to "country" ... but a fantasy of mine is to get dolled up and go ballroom dancing. Maybe in the next life -- I guess you would call that "dancing IN the stars".
Was Emmitt Smith on the same season as Mario Lopez? Cause I watched every night that time and actually VOTED for him every time -- I know, it's silly, but I did.
Yes, Emmitt Smith came out ahead of Mario Lopez. Emmitt is a Pensacola boy, so I had to watch him. He didn't disappoint - just made you feel good watching him.
Okay, my husband won't dance, don't ask him. I signed up for private ballroom dance lessons last summer. Went every week for about six months. Don't get me wrong, I really can't dance, but my teacher could lead me. My last lesson I said let's just dance, don't try to teach me anything. During the waltz my feet got tangled up. When he asked me what happened (because the waltz was one of my favorites), I told him I just closed my eyes and imagined I was in a long, flowing gown in a grand ballroom. You know how in movies when someone is clumsy or falls they do that sound of a record getting scratched. . .well, you get the picture. I kept my eyes opened after that.
Post a Comment