. . . that today is Sleeping on the Job Day? In 2002, the Germantown of Vechta reported that civil servants who were allowed to sleep for 20 minutes after lunch work more efficiently and effectively. 22% of the German population naps. Celebrate by... taking a nap, of course!
Tired? The medical profession calls it tatt, short for "tired all the time". I thought tatt was something on your body.
Siesta hour - a holy hour in the Philippine construction industry. As soon as that 12 noon clock strikes, everyone looks for a place to lie down ... (after lunch of course). What about sleep walkers?Napping at work isn't acceptable in the UK, but in Japan dozing anywhere from Parliament to business meetings is allowed. It's called inemuri, which literally means "to be asleep while present". Strict rules apply to inemuri. These include who is allowed to do it - only those high up or low down in a company - and how you do it - remain upright to show you are still socially engaged in some way.


I'm fortunate I don't have any mnpse symptoms . . . except for insomnia. I feel lucky if I get 4 hours uninterrupted sleep. Even with my OTC Simply Sleep I take occasionally (?) there's no guarantee. I don't have any trouble falling asleep--just staying asleep. Last night I went to bed at 11:02. When hubby got up for something, I asked what time it was -- 11:53 and I actually felt like I had been sleeping for a while! One time last year I woke up so refreshed and nearly bounded out of bed. Couldn't believe the feeling. Hasn't happened since. Any suggestions? I don't take naps.

No comments:
Post a Comment