
I had no idea until today that I was willing to splurge on a pair of SUNGLASSES! I started seeing more clearly in fourth grade with my first pair of glasses. Now I could see everyone's dirty hair (truly, my first impression). In sixth grade I needed a new pair, but not too much to choose from in Glasgow, or maybe it was just the 60's. So, I ended up getting the same kind only larger. What a goof!
I inherited from my mother one eyebrow that is slightly more arched than the other one, and either one of my ears is slightly lower than the other one or the glasses are crooked. Henceforth, it has been very difficult to find glasses that fit all the criteria -- looks, comfort, color, fit.
In looking for sunglasses today, I said to the lady (some Asian that I could barely understand)
"what are these for?" . . . just plain glasses
"those are to make you look smart"
Serious? Would you bother with glasses just to look smart. Can't you just spout off some big words? As of yet, I cannot give in to wearing bi-focals of any kind. When I step out (basically to church) I wear my mono-vision contacts -- one close up, the other far away.
Anyway, I am digressing -- are you still with me? The sunglasses are so huge this year . . . I refused!!
I inherited from my mother one eyebrow that is slightly more arched than the other one, and either one of my ears is slightly lower than the other one or the glasses are crooked. Henceforth, it has been very difficult to find glasses that fit all the criteria -- looks, comfort, color, fit.On the last rack I tried on a pair that felt SO comfortable (Oh my Goodness!), perfect on all accounts -- but the price. I thought "who would pay this?" I guess -- me. Of course they were the only ones not on sale, either. Now that I am highly motivated to never lose these sunglasses, my next purchase just might need to be those eyeglass chains.





No comments:
Post a Comment