Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Flirt

Codeman's "GQ" look


Cody is an undeniable flirt -- almost three years old. The funny thing is he knows that he is doing something that gets people's attention. Recently he has started blinking both eyes as his way of winking at you. Followed up with his winning smile. He says, "Mom, I did this ;) to her." When the Baldwin men went out to their Conference session and dinner, Kaymee, her kids and I went to eat at Cafe Rio. A gal at the next table with her husband complimented Kaymee on her beautiful family and then asked, "Is he winking? He's been flirting with us the whole time." I thought . . . look out when he hits Junior High! One Sunday a year ago when the kids were dressed up for church, Jenna (3 1/2 then) told Cody (2), "Cody, the girls are just going to love you today!"

My gym friend says her husband is a flirt. "No, he isn't. He's just gregarious and likes to make people laugh." "Well, so-and-so is then." "No, he isn't. Just because he is BUFF, tanned, handsome, and has a huge white smile, doesn't mean he is a flirt." So, I am wondering . . . is a "flirt" in the eye of the beholder?

1 comment:

Dene said...

Cody is SOOOOO cute. Kim, you have beautiful grandchildren, but this little guy always makes me smile. Maybe I was first attracted to him because of my Cody, but...
Kaymee must have so much fun with Jenna and Cody and soon there will be "what's-his-name".