Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Weighty Matter

Yesterday it was 84 here, now today it is 15 degrees cooler. Nevertheless, it will be swimsuit season, soon. Does it ever take you by surprise? That post-snow bod? After getting back from the beach last summer, I made my weigh to the gym and enlisted. I could say it was for health reasons, but . . .


I have a few redeeming qualities, but physical fitness discipline is not one of them. When I see people running or bicycling along the side of the road I say, "that does NOT look fun!" Surprisingly, it's been 8 months now and I still show up 5 days a week. Thankfully I have a friend that comes now, and you would be surprised how fast an hour goes by when you are talking about everything under the sun. There's a Ms. Stairstepper that has buns of steel--seriously. We figure she must be a stripper or someone who really needs those kind of buns.




Tell all your friends . . .

The correct way to weigh yourself!



Granny Panties can wait!!
BTW. . . I had the best compliment EVER today. While at a Dr appointment, I mentioned that I took an OTC sleeping aid for that middle-age insomnia. "How old are you?" "52" "What! I would never thought that." "Why, do I look 60?" "No, I would have thought you were my age, 40." She is now one of my friends for life. Hey, after 50 you take whatever crumbs you can get! It's all in the freckles -- don't you wish you had some?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, you will always be like Mom and be ageless. You have great genes, a great life, and a great attitude. Win,Win, win!

Kim said...

Thanks Tana, when I am 80 I will look 79. Yeah!

I forgot to ask on this post...Can anyone help me understand why teenage girls and even grown women are o.k. sporting the "muffin top" look? I didn't even know there was a name for it until last year. It continues to blow my mind (hey I haven't used that term for forever).