Monday, September 7, 2009

Show and Tell

Are you a collector of sorts? Don't EVEN get me started. I can't stop. I totally love collecting things. When Tana (sister) got back from the UK, she gave me this most exquisite bejeweled bee box. Why? Because I collect them, among other bee things. It all started because of the book club I manage -- The Queen Bees -- I sport it on my license plate, too. Plus, my last name starts with B . . . yada, yada, yada.




Isn't this so stunning! Love it. Thank you, again, Tana!



For Christmas one year, Cate gave me a necklace he had designed for his "Queen Bee".

(Click on the picture for a closer view.) You have to see the trinket boxes up close to really see their beauty. That is a bookmark hanging on the plate -- so pretty. I started collecting unique book marks of all kinds, too.


My first collection and my love of reading started with the Nancy Drew books. I have some of the older vintage copies with dust jackets. I''m not sure if any of my granddaughters will appreciate them, but they brought me many hours of reading pleasure.


I have first printings of all the Harry Potter books, except the first one. Who knew it would be such a phenomenon? All I can say is . . . Ebay. Yikes! Don't worry, I'm a recovered addict. It's as bad as Google -- you can find anything! I collected these numbered, limited edition watches for my son who loves watches and the Harry Potter books. I have another watch I found when I was putting all these away. These watches were released when a new book came out.

After many years, I returned to my love of reading and have bookshelves filled with books -- my latest collection adventure. (Psst . . . If it doesn't sound too bad . . . I like to collect friends, too!)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I wish I could say I collected something interesting! I LOVE that bee box that your sister gave you. It is sooooo beautiful! I think the only thing that I could say I collect now (besides wrinkles)is my children's art work. I take pictures of it and then throw out the originals and then put the pictures in my blog book. That is about it though.

Heather G. said...

Let's see...I collect Playing cards, board games, DVDs, I just collect stuff...I'm a pack rat!

The Bumbles said...

I think you are a collecting addict! But at least your collections have good reasons and are useful or interesting! We collect shot glasses from all around the world. We've tried to get rid of all our other accumulations - put 2 pack rats together under 1 roof and we never could find each other ;0)

Kim said...

I am a collecting addict, but I don't keep everything. I forgot, I also collect spoons from places we have been. That's limited because we aren't the world travelers. Interestingly, I dejunk ALL the time--I'm the queen of that, too :) So, if you need a hand ...