Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Did you know . . .

... that today is Wrinkled Raincoat Day? On the birthday of Peter Falk, the actor who played the rumpled detective Columbo, wear a wrinkled raincoat or do some investigating of your own. Falk was born on September 16, 1927, at New York, New York. How about if I just wear wrinkled clothes because I didn't get at my ironing?

Do you have a favorite detective from a TV or book series? I used to watch a lot of reruns of Matlock. I always liked the Andy Griffith show and also because he had many similarities that reminded me of my father -- his hands, hair, face, and the way he moved. Murder She Wrote was good for a woman investigator.

I have enjoyed mysteries from my first Nancy Drew book. Agatha Christie has been given the title of "The Queen of Crime." Do you try to figure out whodunnit? I don't because I never can. On my book blog I am participating in a Cozy Mystery Challenge, so I have been reading different series by various authors. My favorite one so far is M. C. Beaton. Look under the label of mystery-suspense for other mysteries.

Last summer at the all-class reunion, I told Dale, "When I get back home, I am going to track down our group of LDS friends and plan a reunion!" And you see that I did and hope to get together next summer.

Ask a lot of questions today . . . or look up that long lost friend.

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

I loved Columbo. I also enjoyed Matlock, I just loved how he always got the bad guy on the stand in trial, just like Perry Mason did. I never read any Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys. I think I got my first taste of mystery through John Grisham and then tried some of the Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell and Jane Austen mysteries...well, a few more, but this comment is getting a bit too long!

Dene said...

I was hooked on Magnum. Every Thursday night I would ride my exercise bike, take a bath, shave my legs, paint my toenails and sit back to see what Magnum was up to. Was that too much information? He was just too cute and clever - Tom Selleck isn't that bad to look at either!!