Left my husband home alone for a few days and what did he do? Found a "deal" on a motorhome. We were on the speaker phone with the seller trying to make a deposit on the computer. Barry's cell phone rang so he stepped aside to answer it. Next thing I know Barry comes back and says the seller and I will have to continue without him because our son, who was in Colorado, had just had a car accident and Barry needed to deal with that. WHAT!!! I don't think so!

That's my baby we're talking about. I cut that motorhome call short. I needed to talk to this guy and make sure he was okay.

All right, so he's grown up a little bit, but he's still my baby. Believe me, I had my address book out checking on who was closest to Yampa, Colorado and could get to him. I did talk to him - yes, I cried - he's my baby, did I tell you that already?
He was fine. Can't say the same for the truck. And can I just say - "Thank you, Lord, for the Colorado rancher and his wife that opened their door to two big boys from Florida and drove them around for a couple of days." Finally got him home and guess what - yep - I cried.
Oh, yes, we did get the motorhome - the week before Christmas. We "camped" in my sister-in-law's yard for Christmas Eve. My kids (26 and 23) were worried Santa wouldn't find them, but he's Santa, and you know - he can find anyone.

Christmas morning with my little munchkins.

Elmer Fudd hats were a hit. Sorry Dad didn't get one.
Cody wore his hat to bed.
Whitney wore her hat to bed and
. . .most of the day.
This is Gran and her amazingly attractive grandchildren. It was a perfect Christmas. We were all together, safe and happy.
P.S. Everytime I talked to Cody on the phone during his Colorado wreck experience I would cry. Of course, I cry when I'm happy, sad, scared, mad. . .that's just the way I roll. Cody has asked me to send him text messages instead of crying on my voice messages. That's really hard to do - texting through tears.
3 comments:
Wonderful story...I smiled at the photos and teared up when you received that call. I'm afraid that I too am a crier and a worrier, but my children, hubby and family deal with it :)
Thanks, Jan. My family deals with it, too. Sometimes I have to ask them, "Are you trying to make me cry?" Glad I have a kindred spirit.
Glad there was a happy ending! The worrying never ends does it. Cute pictures of Cody and I love the hats.
Like Clark Griswold's cousin Eddie, says "that there's an RrrrrV. But don't get too attached to it cause we're taking it with us when we leave next MONTH." :)
Post a Comment