Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun Monday -- Music to Move by

Ari of Prawn of Fate is hosting January's Fun Monday. Question: Link to a music video or song that specifically makes you want to get up and dance? Just this week I was walking through Bed, Bath, and Beyond when I heard this song playing and my fingers started snapping while my feet started tapping. No one seemed to notice.

Slow dance, fast dance, if you get the chance . . . dance. Always! I didn't know until after I got married that my Hub didn't care to dance. He now knows, "If men knew what dancing does for a woman, they would welcome any opportunity." There was a very short period of time when I went out with a guy a little longer than I should have (based on my interest) because he was on a Ballroom dance team. One of my fantasies is to get all dolled up and channel Cinderella for one evening. I keep a tiara ready at all times. Where do you buy glass slippers, anyway?


I had my chance to be a Dancing Queen this past summer at a 70's Friend Reunion I helped to organize. There will always be a smile on my face and a spring in my step when I hear the songs You Can't Hurry Love, I Got You Babe, Don't Go Breaking My Heart, YMCA, Stayin' Alive, and the Macarena.

8 comments:

~SwAmPy~ said...

Your comment about being in BBandB and hearing that song made me think wouldn't it be great if all of us blogbuds could be together and do a flashdance?
I always thought that Anne Murray's Could I Have This Dance would be a great song for a wedding.

Kim said...

Name the time and place and I'll be there!

You must have seen my second dance post (Anne Murray). I don't know how to put more than one video, not the link, on the same post:(

Jan n Jer said...

Wow your a girl after my own heart...we could be BFF's. I love all the songs you listed. Also Anne Murray...that song is so beautiful and perfect for a frist dance at a wedding. My hubby was a smart man...he learned how to dance so he could get the girls!!! That is how I met him...I was dancing with my girlfriend an he cut in..I fell in love after the first dance!!! You have a great blog...I will be back to visit. I signed up as a follower. Happy FM

Kim said...

Jan~~I returned the favor, great blogs you have.

Your Hub was smart! How romantic! But what were you doing dancing with a girlfriend? I know, I know ... different day, different time :)

Sayre said...

I used to dj at a big band radio station back in the late 70s, early 80s.. I danced in my booth quite a bit (I worked the LATE shift, so no audience!).

Kim said...

How fun is that! I worked at a radio station one summer and did make one commercial, but usually I just filled in the daily logs. zzzz

Living Life said...

I love all of your choices in dance music!

ari_1965 said...

Everybody needs to have a tiara ready to go.