In case you don't remember or haven't been keeping up, I started at Ricks College in the Fall of 1972. How forward thinking was I?!! I went back for a third year to a two-year college. Of course, it is now a four-year school, so I was just ahead of my time.
In reality, I had not been successful in attaining my MRS degree, so I went back to take some secretarial classes so I could get a job and support myself.
In reality, I had not been successful in attaining my MRS degree, so I went back to take some secretarial classes so I could get a job and support myself.
I told everyone I went back to take care of this guy. (You're welcome, Lori.) He was a very jolly guy, but I think he's laughing because that's my sweater he's wearing.
George was so proud that he could make pudding, he would come by and make some for me and my roommates. Really, who COOKS pudding now, when you have the instant stuff?
I also rekindled old friendships. Recognize this guy? It's Marshall from my Freshman Ten year. He was one of my roommate's boyfriends. We were just friends and so decided to go to whatever dance this was together. I wore this dress my Freshman year, too. See, I told you to pay attention. Just a side note - Marshall and Annette were married in 1975.
Remember Tybee (Teri) from my second year? She was roommates with Kim, Jacki and Ruth in 1974. We told everyone we were sisters - even had our picture taken together.
Speaking of formal dances, I went to more during this school year (74-75) than I went to in four years of high school. Here I am waiting for my date. I do have a picture with my date, but couldn't seem to find it. His name was Terry and he was a friend of George's.
Here I am with George and my roommate Roselle and another friend of George's named Keith. I had to buy this yellow dress the year before - had nowhere to wear it, but it made me think of "Gone With The Wind." Glad I finally got to wear it.
One of these dances George and all of his friends rented a school bus and driver, picked up all the girls and took us to a nice eating establishment outside of Rexburg with a banquet room set up for us and everything. After dinner we all loaded up on the bus, which was our limousine, and went back to Rexburg for the dance. It was the best time.
Had to put this in here - my roommates planned a surprise birthday party for me. I didn't know about it - it really was a surprise - so I hung around after The Lettermen's concert that night and got their autograph.Remember I said way back that this was going to be a Quadrology? I love to make up words. Anyway, if you're counting this is post number three. The next one will be very important and must be viewed by all of the Clan members. I hope it will inspire you to start making plans to attend the reunion.
2 comments:
Dene, where did you live your 74-75 year? I don't remember you being there. But, I never saw George either since he lived in the dorms -- what a fun guy! Always was, hope he still is.
Fun pics, thanks! Ricks (BYUI) was such a great time.
Kim, I lived at Mansard Village, way up on the hill. The Rexburg Temple is right across the street from where I lived. I had 10 roommates that year too. My decision to go back was so last minute - I just drove into town and found a place to live. The second semester three roommates left and I was again invited to move in with 5 other amazing girls.
I seem to remember that my first night back a bunch of us, including you, George, Ruth, Tybee, Tom Latimer and Jeff Markle (who had both returned from their missions that summer) and Tana (Jeff and Tana were on their way to Utah), all went to the movie in Rexburg. I fell asleep in the movie, I was so tired.
I don't know why I remember some things - guess it was the great friends I was with that made it so special and memorable. And I bet nobody else remembers that, but...
Post a Comment