. . . that today is the start of National Clean Out Your Closets Month? Take time during the month of January to clean out your closets, throw away the junk, and reorganize. Just take one room, one shelf, one drawer at a time. Did you know that your mind has to find a place, too, for everything you bring into your home? When you dejunk, it's like freeing up space on your computer. Whew! No wonder you feel so good after. But BEWARE -- there is an unwritten law of the universe that says any empty space must be filled.Check. The day after Christmas I bought some bins to organize one of my bedroom shelves better. Thankfully my Hubman and I are on the same orderly wavelength, but he has decided to put on this year's to-get-list a custom closet. Yay!
This picture is not of my closet . . . if that hadn't occurred to you, you don't know me at all. Need any help? Call me -- dejunking is one of my favorite things to do.
5 comments:
I soooo need to do that. I do some every now and then but then it piles up! I thought you were going to get rid of this blog....I'm glad it's not down!!!! If I had known I would've been making more comments!
I'm hanging in there until at least this summer after we have a friend's reunion, and then we will see. Not too many people read this blog, so it's like echoing out into cyberspace -- but thanks!
No, it's not echoing into cyberspace. It's making me feel warm and fuzzy. You wouldn't want to take that away, would you? You also inspire me to be a better person. I'm starting in one room, one drawer tonight!!!!
Okay, Kim, I actually cleaned out four drawers in one night!! Aren't you proud of me? But now what do I do with the stuff on the floor? I found in one of my daughter's drawers a "Teach yourself how to knit" book, complete with the knitting needles and yarn. I was easily distracted from my duties - my husband found me on the floor reading the book, holding the needles and yarn and trying to figure out what to do. I actually took a class at Ricks that included knitting, crocheting, etc., and I think we did it in Primary or Mutual, but it just wasn't coming back to me. Knit one, pearl two, that's about all I remember. Now I have to get back to decluttering. But I'm saving the knitting stuff, like I really need another project.
LOL Dene. Good on ya with the dejunking. Funny how we all have a junk drawer(s) in the kitchen and in our bedrooms.
In Primary we did knit some slippers and a crocheted a coin purse. I'm afraid that is a lost art on me. I enjoyed needlepoint and counted cross stitch more -- but haven't done that for a while either. It always takes twice as long as you think it will.
Post a Comment