Monday, January 4, 2010

Looking forward to 2010

What things are you looking forward to in this coming year? It could be anything . . . an event or a date. Mariposa is hosting a Fun Monday and posed this question.

Well, that is certainly a no-brainer for me. A Friends Reunion -- July 16-17 -- with great, fun people I haven't seen for 35 years from a short period of time in High School! The reason for starting this blog was to reconnect with them.

Can't wait!! But so much to do first . . . any suggestions?

I also am planning on starting a yearly visit back to my homestead every fall for as long as my mother is still with us. Haven't done that since I was married 31 years ago. Our acres of trees are breathtaking at that time of the year. I plan on writing my online personal history and gather memories from my mother as well.

5 comments:

Mariposa said...

Thanks for playing. A friends reunion is certainly something to look forward too!

Happy 2010 and have a great week!

Sayre said...

Oooo... a reunion! Both wonderful and terrifying (at least for me). I've been to a couple of family reunions and a couple of high school reunions. The high school ones are a real mixed bag. I too, am thinking about a friends reunion - a bunch of people I hung around with in my mid-teens. Some of us got together at a funeral for one of our mothers, which jump-started that idea.

Hope your own Friends Reunion is wonderful!

Living Life said...

Hello Kim! So nice to meet you! A Friends Reunion is definitely something to look forward to in 2010. I also made a pact to get together with old friends I haven't seen in a while. Seems we need to "make time" to do this.

Dene said...

Kim, I will try to do the third installment of my blog segment this week. I'm looking for one or two pictures that I wanted to include. 35 years sounds so long ago, but seems like yesterday. Now I can't wait for tomorrow - or this summer.

Janis said...

A friends reuion is a wonderful fun thing to do. I just met with 5 of my dear long time girlfriends just after Christmas. I'm glad you came to FM this week...I keep meaning to put you on my blog roll...I am going to do that right now...I enjoy reading your blog.