My side of the story is that Barry and I met in the bathroom. The court reporters' office did not have a restroom, so we would go across the hall and use the State Attorney's restroom. Barry was a new investigator and being the low man on the totem pole, he was assigned a back office close to the restrooms. That's when we noticed each other. I was checking out the cute guy and he was asking about me. His story is we met in the snack bar upstairs - so there is some truth to both of our recollections. At the time he probably had at least one and maybe two girlfriends chasing after him. Barry was the guy that all the girls wanted to be with and all the mothers wanted, and still do, for their son-in-law. We went out a few times, but he was still dealing with old girlfriends and I didn't want to get too involved. Then he wanted to spend more time with me - said he didn't know there were any nice girls like me still around. I thought that was romantic. Shortly after we started dating my niece Naomi, who was just 5 years old, came to stay with me for about 4 months. It was so neat to watch Barry with her and I could see what a wonderful father he would be.
Seven months after we started dating Barry joined me in Montana and met my family. Even that didn't scare him away!! When we were flying home, in a bad storm over Atlanta, he proposed. I tease him and tell him he thought we were going to crash and he was just trying to take our minds off the weather - but I held him to it and we have been married almost 29 years. He is a wonderful husband, father, brother, son and friend.
1 comment:
That is the cutest story ever! See I learn something new about you everyday. Miss ya girl
Post a Comment