Monday, February 9, 2009

New Beginnings

Do you make New Year resolutions? How's that working for you. What things are on your "bucket list"?

Not a big fan of resolutions -- don't like anyone telling me what to do. January is not a good time to do it, either. Depending on where you live, it can be a very dreary time of year, easily depressing. After pigging out for the holidays, trips to the gym are usually short lived. My energy and renewal come in the fall. Probably because it was a time of new beginnings with school starting.

After getting back from the beach last August, I bought a membership to the gym, again, and feel great about my diligence. When trying on swimsuits I wondered who that liddle old lady was in the dressing room. Now my motivations come from health reasons. (It's o.k. if you believe that.)

There are always more things to do than there is time, so in addition to the usual "shoulds" here is my to-do list, in no particular order: paint my baseboards, re-memorize my D & C mastery scriptures, add to emergency/food preparations, journal/history. . .

After watching the movie "The Bucket List", I made a list of things I want to do before kicking the bucket: go white water rafting, take a church history trip, and be in the temple surrounded by all my children . . . and laugh 'til I cry--and often!

Next week: Three good things from your day / week.

No comments: