Thoughts on my youth in Glasgow: I’m not sure if I could have had a better place to be and better people to be with than those that I had in Glasgow . For such a small town, and a little Branch, we had a wonderful group of youth that I reflect upon fondly. All of those pictures that I am seeing again on the blog for the first time in many years bring back a flood of good memories. I am a bit embarrassed at my brashness and the “front and center” position that I seem to be in many of the pictures, I’m sure that there was much indulgence by all of you of my immaturity and overconfidence, but my comfort and happiness with you and that time of my life is clear. Thank you all for your astounding friendship and closeness during those years. As I have aged and gathered experience elsewhere, I see so many others that did not have such a rich and nourishing experience with friends. I am indeed grateful for you all.
I am also very happy to see the additional posted pictures which are additional documentation, that I one time did have a full head of hair!! It is long since mostly gone, but I do not miss it and have always had the resolution of “no rugs, drugs, or plugs” for my scalp!
Life since Glasgow: Because of that shining Glasgow upbringing, I feel like I have lived a Frank Capra Wonderful Life Movie. Although I fall way short of living worthy of the blessings I have been given, it has been wonderful being a husband and father. I met Lori at BYU after my mission. She was a “referral” from a family in Glasgow, the Thuesons. I married way over my head when I married Lori. I feel like I journey on this life with an angel… she is a wonderful wife and mother. I often say that if and when I ever get to heaven’s judgment gate, I hope she is with me so I can say “I’m with her”. We are having a blast raising five sons. As you all know parenting comes with lots of challenges, disappointments, and frightening moments, but thankfully that is all swallowed up in the many joys associated with raising them. My parents and the good example of you all as youth, helped set for me, a pattern for life in my testimony of the Gospel, and in my ever striving efforts to be more like Christ. I am grateful that a strong desire to live the gospel came as a youth, associating with you.
What I do not miss about Glasgow: Rahlf’s Gardens, mosquitoes, 60 degrees below zero chill factors, magpies.

2 comments:
Dear George,
What a beautiful family!!! I know how proud your parents were - always glowing reports of George and Lori and the boys.
You have nothing to be embarrassed about - we all loved it when you were front and center, setting an example and having fun. I even had to go to Ricks for a third year just so I could experience it with you, little brother. My memories of you are so fresh and appreciated (even when you were giving me a hard time).
May the Lord continue to bless you and your family.
Love you.
George, you couldn't help it if you possessed such a huge spirit. I miss being around you! I also miss the sound of a train at night. I didn't remember until going home last summer, that yes trains passed through Glasgow. It was a very comforting memory. Two of the perks of living in LV are no Montana cold and NO mosquitoes--Amen!!
My SIL had a hair transplant (not a full rug) and it was painful, but he looks so much better. I think he had it done later because he was 7 years older than his 18 yr old bride.
Post a Comment