George Washington would have liked this dessert. Very easy and tasty (better than the picture). I always think of making it at Christmas and Valentines.
Crust:
1 cup water
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup flour
4 eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sour cream
1 small instant vanilla filling
1/4 tsp almond extract
1-21 oz cherry pie filling
Heat oven to 400. Heat water and butter to boiling. Stir in flour, vigorously until it forms a ball (about 1 minute). Remove from heat, add eggs and beat until smooth (2 minutes on low). Drop by tablespoons on to a greased cookie sheet (shape into a 8" ring or heart). Smooth the top to connect. Bake until golden -- 50-60 minutes. Cool.
Cut off top, scoop out excess egg mixture. Mix filling, spoon on cherries on inside, replace top and spread some cherries on top. Sift powdered sugar on top. Keep refrigerated.
2 comments:
I don't understand how Kim and Clayton can keep their neat, trim bodies. You must give everything away and not eat it yourself. I haven't made the Cherry Cream Puff yet, but I did get the ingredients. Yesterday I made the Bar-B-Q Chicken and the 5 Minute Chocolate Cake with the Decadent Glaze. Tomorrow night we will enjoy the Apricot Glazed Pork Roast. Just wanted you to know that someone is enjoying all your recipes. Barry says thank you.
LOL ... It's all in the jeans--I mean genes. I eat to live and Cate lives to eat. His mother nurtured through food and I'm sure he wished I did. Sure, I can cook -- it's just not my passion.
When I eat I am always more interested in the people sitting around the table, than the food. The only EXCEPTION? When someone else cooks.
Long story short -- if you want any restaurant recommendations in LV, ask Clay, not me.
Post a Comment