It's 1972. I graduated from high school and the Glasgow Branch sent a bunch of missionaries around the world, Germany, New York, Australia.
Tom's farewell party was dinner and games at the Rahlfs'. As Kim noted, the real missionaries even got involved in our game on the floor, white shirt, ties and nametags. Sure glad it wasn't a game of spin-the-bottle.






Keith left for Australia in the fall, but I was already at Ricks. Again, food was/is always involved. And might I add, GOOD food. Just ask Dale.




Just a personal note: You can't see it in the picture, but I have a hole in my pants and a cut on my bottom. I was scooting around in the bed of my mother's pickup truck at the drive-in movie and ripped a hole in my rear-end. That's why I'm wearing the coat. But you would know that and more if you had been following this blog.
Okay, now that I have your attention, sit back, get comfortable and start at the beginning and see what Kim has done for us. It's really fun.
TO BE CONTINUED. . .

2 comments:
Okay...a few things come to mind in looking at these pictures.
1. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!
2. The girl with Tom was Barbara -- no he never married her.
3. Mission rules sure have changed. Missionaries getting a chance to wink at girls! I guess it's o.k. since it was a missionary farewell celebration, right?
4. I see Dale is baring his chest during the murder game. He probably thought girls were trying to kill him by winking, when they were really saying "alright" ;)
5. The pic of Dale eating is one of my favorites. I dunno -- maybe because he shaved. He never liked to. Said it hurt too much to do it too often.
6. Those dresses with wing and bell sleeves kill me, literally, but we all had them.
7. My mother would be horrified if she saw that glass door taped up. Another Molly Hogan -- at least it wasn't duct tape.
Thanks Dene!!
Dene, you are darling! I wasn't there so I missed the ripped pants and all of the fun, but it sure makes me laugh to hear about it. Thanks for the pictures and comments!
Post a Comment