Barry and I went to Seattle in November to meet Della Star, our new great niece - is it grand niece? Whatever, she's great and grand!!!

It didn't take long to get attached. We're not grandparents yet, but this is pretty close.

Barry and Della hit it off big time.

No comments about matching noses. She's beautiful.

How do you say LOVE!!!

Three generations - Dene, Naomi and Della.

We had a slumber party a couple of nights. Sent Mom, Dad and Uncle Barry to bed and we ate (Della), slept (Della), told secrets and sang (Dene) and just snuggled.

Then Barry and I decided to see Washington State. Went across Deception Pass.

Saw Penn Cove. And love these trees - Madrona, I think.

Saw these beautiful colors. I'm going to learn how to take pictures.

Saw mountains and waterfalls. . .

Tunnels. . .

And apples. . .

Tried to get to Mount Rainier, but we were on the wrong side of the mountain and I didn't think we should continue on this road.

I like a little adventure, but we weren't prepared for this. Did you know if you put a location in your GPS and it says it's 40 miles away, it means "as the crow flies?" Then when you hit "go there" it says it will take 3 hours to get there. Well, now you know. It's 40 miles over the mountain, but a ways around the mountain.

We have been talking about a motorhome for a while and saw this. Would you let us park in your driveway?

Thought this was interesting, strange and fun. As we drove by I saw a dog on the roof. When we went back I saw the dog house.

This is the dog that lives in that dog house. Apparently everything is built up in Seattle.

Had dinner with Jacki and Ruth. Can you believe we haven't seen or spoken to each other in 35+ years and now I've seen them twice in less than six months?!! Thank you to Kim for that.

This was the first time they had seen each other because they weren't in SLC at the same time during the reunion this summer.

They are both fun and amazing women and I'm so glad they took time out of their busy schedules to see me.

I won't tell you how many times Barry had to retake the picture.

Then it was time to go back to Florida. We hated to leave these sweet girls.

Yes, I cried - but that's just how I roll.
But guess what? As I'm writing this Barry is on his way to pick up our motorhome - for real!!!
So - coming soon to a town or city near you. . .
2 comments:
Love the scenery, love the "friends" photo, and the motorhome and dog on the roof is just plane FUNNY! haha Thanks for posting Dene!
I wish I could have been along on the trip to chat with you all again. Somehow I just thought I would get more of that worked in at the reunion. *sigh*
Della looks like she is in love with you--such a sweet face. Yes I noticed the similar profile. You'll make such a wonderful grandma someday.
Loved the motorhome--reminded me of our favorite Christmas movie, Christmas Vacation. Cousin Eddie is telling Clark (Chevy Chase) "That there's an RrrrV. It's a beauty isn't? But don't get too attached to it cause we're taking it with us when we here leave NEXT MONTH" :)
Post a Comment