I had some leftover things from a Relief Society project, so decided to invite some friends for a "Christmas Craft" party. Here I am trying to explain what they will be doing. They seem to be a bit hesitant and skeptical.

Warming up to the idea a little bit.

Now they're getting into it. It was fun to just sit and watch them. Now I know how a kindergarten teacher may feel when their students start to comprehend and appreciate something. Well, maybe appreciate is too strong a word.

I invited friends that love me even if I do come up with crazy ideas. So maybe they were just being nice so as not to hurt my feelings.

They took their "craft" home with them. Now I'll go visit and see it they really used them. Forgot to take a picture of that. It was just a picture frame with "Joy" or "Noel" printed with Christmas paper embellished however they wanted to.

But then there was food. . .Kim, wish you were here to eat some German Chocolate cake. It was pretty good, even if I do say so myself.

This was a platter of crab-stuffed mushrooms. I thought they were pretty good, but again, maybe my friends just ate them to make me feel good. NO, I don't think so.

Now the real reason I wanted to get this post up. This was the BEST punch ever. And doesn't it look pretty. Just in case any of you are having a party I wanted to make sure you had this recipe.

Kaycee's Holiday Punch
1 packet KoolAid Lemonade
1 - 64 oz. bottle Juicy Juice brand Cherry juice
1 - 2 liter bottle Sprite
1 - 2 liter bottle Fresca
1/2 bag whole cranberries, rinsed
3 lemons or oranges, sliced and seed removed
Dissolve lemonade packet in cherry juice. Add Sprite and Fresca. If your punch bowl is small, add half the Sprite and Fresca to determine if there's room for the remaining soda. Float berries and sliced lemons/oranges on top.
Optional: Freeze berries ahead of time to us as "ice."
Okay, now go have a party, make some punch and report back.
1 comment:
It all looks good! I only make a 9x13 gerchoc cake, but a triple decker one? Yum!! I do have a party coming up -- I didn't know they still made Fresca soda. Thanks!
Post a Comment