Monday, October 4, 2010

There is a first time for everything


Ruth ~~ Hmmm . . . what I remember best about Glasgow? Skipping school to go to the HiHat or was it the HiHop? So many memories in such a short time. Cruising the main street, going to JC Penney’s to buy new clothes and they had wood stairs and an upstairs. I thought that was sooo cool!! Sitting at the soda fountain at the drug store. These were things that just didn’t exist in California so for me is was stepping into the past. Since I moved from California, I was cool . . . but what everyone didn’t know was that I was totally uncool in California. I loved it!!! Jacki taught me what being cool looked like.

Got my first drivers license, got my first kiss, first date, cut school for the first time, went to my first keggar, met my first DJ (Dave) and got to be inside a radio station, first and only attempt to forge a note to school from my mom, first drive-in as a teenager, first prom, first time EVER seeing lightening hit the ground, first ride in a corn binder, first square dance, first time living in snow, first time I had ever heard North Dakota jokes, first crush, first taste of grits and fried hot dogs, and the list goes on . . . I will never and would never want to forget Glasgow.

2 comments:

Dene said...

Ruth - you were only there a short time, but you still managed to have more "firsts" than I did. Still waiting on my first prom. I'm so glad you have all those memories - but know this, my memories of you are GREAT, and now we've added to them.

Kim said...

I agree with Dene -- I didn't even do some of those things and I lived my whole life there. Hmmm ... it seems like popularity had a dark side to it. :) You were cool, something you can't fake. I've always wondered what that would be like.

Sorry your Ricks days left much to be desired (and me as a roommate -- are you sure I paid you to go to the dance? :0 I'm glad to have spent time with you and see that you are still fun and energetic. You need to market that in a pill. Or maybe someone already has. :)