Monday, October 5, 2009

Falling into Autumn

What do you like about this time of year or remember the most?

Each season has its special triggers or memories, but autumn is a very invigorating time of year for me. If I am inclined to set goals, it is now. Perhaps because I associate it with going back to school and new beginnings. The one thing I miss by living in Las Vegas, is the colors of gold, red, brown. My growing-up home was surrounded by acres of trees, and I loved the smell and sound of crunching leaves. The cooling off temperatures signaled High School football games and the beginning of holidays to come. Caramel apples, mulling cider, hay rides . . . Here are a few of my fall memories.

The Glasgow Scottie drill team. Yessiree . . . a bevy of beauties to be sure. Yours truly is holding the blue Montana flag.


Our BYU ward's Kazoo marching band. We had a routine and everything.

L to R: Kim Bailey . . . Ruth Ellenburg . . . Maryann Topham

Here are Eva's bridesmaids when she got married in September. This dress pattern was very popular for several years and was used and abused by many a seamstress. This was a kelly green, double-knit choice.


BYU Academy awards night -- way fun! I just went down to D.I. and got my dress.

Our BYU activities committee did a lot of socializing on our own. In fact, we received feedback that some of the branch members thought we were having too much fun without them. Here we dressed up Mafia style before going to a dinner at the Spaghetti Factory in SLC. We have on our Gangsta bad expressions . . . as if we knew how to be bad.

Ruth and Tom dressed up for a Fifties night at Ricks -- now known as BYU Idaho, or BYU I.
I guess this was my interpretation of a Domestic Goddess? (on the right)

AND . . . Fall brings Halloween! Here I'm with my sister and my mother. Don't ask. Somebody give that gal in the middle a mirror! Jeez Louise.

4 comments:

Heather G. said...

Those are some great pics! I absolutely love this time of year; it's my favorite. October starts off the whole holiday season for me! I love Halloween and the weather is cool and the beautiful colors!

Kim said...

In thinking back on some of my costumes, now they would be considered politically incorrect or insensitive. Once I dressed up as a Hobo (homeless chap). Can you imagine doing that today? We just looked to our closets for ideas. But, NO, my mom did not have that outfit in her closet.

Kaymee said...

What the heck were you for Halloween???!!!!

Kim said...

I HAVE NO CLUE!!!! A ninny, I guess!