. . . that today is Live to Tell About It All Day? This day celebrates the anniversary of the 1901 date when Anna Edson Taylor became the first person and woman to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel and live to tell about it. After her journeyAnna said: "If it was with my dying breath, I would caution anyone against attempting the feat... I would sooner walk up to the mouth of a cannon, knowing it was going to blow me to pieces than make another trip over the Fall." Well, Duh!
Have you had any harrowing experiences that you have lived to tell about? Or maybe just some dumb thing that made you ssay, "What was I thinking?" My life is too common and uneventful to even have a story, so share one if you have it, so I can live vicariously through you. Thanks.
And of course one of my most favorite quotes: "What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail." ~~ Robert H. Schuller
4 comments:
You ask about my harrowing experience...well here it is..1980 my girls were 9 and 12 our extended family which consisted of 12 of us decided to go white water rafting on the yougheny river in Pa. we had 3 rafts with 4 people in each one. Little by little as we were shooting the rapids the people in the other boats fell out. Our boat was the only one without incident. My heart was in my throat the entire time we were on the river. I could not wait until we were on land...safe and sound. Needless to say, I never did it again...one time was enough for me. I am not a thrill seeker thats for sure.
Janis -- Going on a white water rafting trip is on my Bucket List!! I'm not a thrill seeker, but I do want to feel my heart in my throat! :) Maybe once will be enough for me too, but I want to try it.
My most harrowing moment(s):
Divorce and surviving breast cancer !
I have a trivet with that wonderful saying...remember moments not days ! Love it.
Thank you Swampy for reminding me of things that are thrust upon us. I hope neither of those experiences are a part of my life. However, down deep, I know that my greatest growth would come if I was widowed.
I did experience 7 years of Parental havoc and unrest. Didn't pass the test very well (probably a D grade), but I did survive and am amzazed how my body and mind held up. Life is great now, even though nothing outwardly has changed. Everybody has something, sometime.
Post a Comment