First of all Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!! I am truly thankful for all of you!
OK... I really do like the BLOG too, like Greg, but I guess I need to post once a quarter too... so here it goes!
Lori and I loved being with you this summer... we talk about it with friends here all the time. Everyone is amazed and jealous of our wonderful experiences as youth. In the mean time, I have been to China and Switzerland on business but took a day or two to see the sights.
Lori hosted her annual "Rahlf Women Weekend", an event where she, after raising 5 boys, gets together with her daughters in law and they have a wonderful weekend together... this year it was in Monterrey California! She is having a blast with the added estrogen in our family!!

Most of our spare time though this fall has been enjoying our 5th son, Dallin # 54, who is a junior in high school, play football. He is the last of 5 boys very active in sports, all who played football. We figure that we have been to about 300 football games with our boys... so now that he is done with his Jr year we are down to the last 10 games when he is a Senior next year. We have literally spent every Friday evening in the fall for the last 15 years watching a high school football game... not counting the basketball and lacrosse games in the winter and spring! We are not complaining... this has been such a joy... and we will miss it terribly when Dallin finishes up next year.

Finally... as we often do, we will be spending Thanksgiving in Dillon Montana this year. We fly to Salt Lake, gather our kids at BYU, including some friends who could not go home for Thanksgiving, drive up to Dillon Montana, and fly in our other family. We always have a good ol Thanksgiving Family football game, we go skiing, we go hiking and sledding and enjoy a great Thanksgiving meal. The picture above is of a Thanksgiving game with 4 of our boys and some friends when the weather in Dillon on Thanksgiving day was 5 below zero and a few inches of snow!! Remember that!!
Happy Turkey Day 2010!! Love from George & Lori in Cincinnati.
3 comments:
Thank you, George, for posting this. Yay! What fun holiday and anyday traditions. I will be talking to Lori about her weekend getaways. We enjoyed a few years of flag football Thanksgiving morning, and then people started sleeping in.
Thank you George for your post, it was so nice to hear what you have all been doing. I asked Kim after the reunion if you ever just go and do something for fun like cruises and stuff. Coming from a family with such a strong work ethic I didn't know how good you were with goofing off. It looks like you know how to mix bussiness with pleasure. You have a wonderful family and life. That is awesome! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Take care, Tana
Wow, you literally travel the world! That is so awesome that you can do that! It is also pretty awesome that you make your family the number one event in your life! You are still being that example even years later that we all remember! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. . . (and I don't miss Montana temps one bit!)haha
Post a Comment