The new Harry Potter movie is out and what an event. Tana and I had the opportunity to enjoy a premier screening thanks to Mariah and Derek. They also told us to come in costume because there would be a contest prior to the movie. Kim has asked if we would share our wizarding adventure with everyone on the blog. Here are some of the pics...
Tana went as Bellatrix Lestrange, a very evil witch. Bellatrix is known for using the cruciatus curse on the Aurors Frank and Alice Longbottom to the point of them completely loosing their sanity. Also for the killing of her cousin Serious Black, who was also Harry's god father.Part of the fun of the whole thing was making our own costumes. Tana and I spent hours looking at pics on the net and reviewing the movies before designing and sewing these costumes.
I went as Snape. He is a very complex character. He hates the Dark Lord for killing the love of his life Lilly Potter. He also hates Harry because he reminds him of the person he hates most from his school days, James Potter. He has suffered tribulation of soul and come through in a better place but won't let anyone see who he really is. He also has complete devotion and respect for Dumbledore. He continues in his old role as spy for the Order of the Phoenix.
People at the movie really enjoyed our outfits. Kids and adults were taking pictures and constantly staring at us. The costume contest was less than hoped for because not enough people dressed up so Tana and I stole the show winning $60 dollars in prizes.
People at the movie really enjoyed our outfits. Kids and adults were taking pictures and constantly staring at us. The costume contest was less than hoped for because not enough people dressed up so Tana and I stole the show winning $60 dollars in prizes.
At one point prior to the movie 3 girls stood up and screamed "We love Snape!!!" My head is slowly deflating.
The movie is like the book in many ways. The first half of the book was dark and dismal. They were trying to find things they didn't understand and were constantly being hunted by dark forces of several sects. There are some screen adaptations but for the most part it was very good. Next premier Tana and I will be dressed appropriate again and will be going to show after show with lots more costume contest. 
1 comment:
All dressed up and somewhere to go. How FUN!!! I love it that you enjoy wearing costumes. Dell, you are a commanding presence anyway, but all dressed up ... is there anything you can't do? Thanks for the extra info about the characters.
Tana, when I saw Bellatrix in the movie, I thought of you. You wicked thing :)
The movie? If you hadn't read the books, it would be confusing. I so missed Hogwarts--the scenery, its teachers/characters, and the music.
Post a Comment